Cajun Chicken Bento

The closest I’ve ever come to Cajun cooking is the Cajun Chicken Fingers at TGI Fridays. Still, it doesn’t stop me from enjoying a hearty dash of Cajun seasoning on just about anything. Fries, popcorn, fish. Anything! Today’s victim however, was a Chicken Breast Fillet.

Bento 122 Cajun Chicken Bento

Bento #122 • 10 May 2007

Back Tier:
• Rice with vegetable furikake

Front Tier:
• Cajun Chicken Breast Fillets
• Tomato Wedges
• Cucumber and Cream Cheese Salad, as demonstrated at one of my favorite bento blog & resource sites, Lunch-in-a-Box.

One of the quickest ways to cook filleted chicken, all I did was to liberally dust the fillet with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, then lightly pan-fry in very little oil. This way, the chicken was moist and retained lots of flavor even though I didn’t marinate it. Imagine serving it with a side of freshly fried potato wedges dusted with Cajun seasoning as well. Love! I can’t imagine what I’d do when it runs out. I only have one big canister at home, thanks to one of my aunts from the States, but then, I guess I can ask her to send me some more when it does run out.

This entry was posted in bento, food spotlight. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Cajun Chicken Bento

1. lalalady7 says:

I just LOVe ur bento’s. They always look fresh and delicious!

2. Clair says:

I must try that salad one of these days. Really :)

By the way, where’d you get your lunchbox? It’s nice looking :)

SM for 99 PESOS! 😛 It’s one of my first bento boxes, but I think there’s still a couple at SM Makati. It’s kinda small but it’s enough food for me. It has 2 tiers, with the upper tier having a removable separate section. It comes with a bento band too, and is available in yellow and green.

• Clair says:

Ooooh! MUST get one. I think I saw it na nung weekend lang. In SM Megamall. It’s almost June so I expected to see some bento boxes hehe. I still pine for the Tiger brand… But it’s soo expensive. Waah. Pero the designs are so pretty and they are quite functional.

Ish a loverly, albeit small bento. Is the Tiger a thermal? I keep promising myself a pretty thermal bento set but when the time comes to spend, I keep cringing at the price. Especially since I rotate boxes a lot.

3. Clair says:

It is thermal. The cheapest set I found was 900-ish. Too bad that the ones I saw before were already sold. The boxes and the bag were all in pastel colors.

Do you want a Tiger in particular, or will you settle for other nice thermal sets? Cause the new thermal ones by Thermos is cheaper, a bento-style box shaped like this green one is 600 bucks. I also saw some Mr. Bento-style ones, but I didn’t really check the price since I already have a set I’ve fallen in love with. Still. 1.3k! *inhale, inhale*

Mebbe after payday 😛