Chinese Fastfood Bento

China in a box! Or rather, in a bento. I think this is the closest thing to Chinese fastfood, no? It was surprisingly pretty fast to put together too, since I just reheated the components in the microwave.

Chinese fastfood bento

Bento #145 • 18 July 2007

Contents:

• Asado Siopao. A leftover Asado Siopao from Northpark. Asado is a sweet and salty pork dish that’s popular as a filling for these steamed buns. Reheated for a minute in the mini-microwave steamer. The face is made of nori cut-outs.

• Hakao. Shrimp dumplings, steamed from a bag of frozen ones.

• Spicy jellyfish. So Chinese cold-cut platter, no?

• Century eggs. I really love century eggs. Heehee.

• A squeeze bottle of soy-lemon (inside box) & another of siopao sauce (outside box).

This entry was posted in bento. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Chinese Fastfood Bento

What a happy meal!!! Ang cute ng siopao!

2. Drew says:

I just hope that Siopao doesn’t have any Cardboard in it XD

@toni
    heehee. thanks 😀 too bad in the end, I was the only happy one since I doubt the siopao was happy with its plight 😛

@Drew
    I heard a follow-up newsclip about the cardboard siopao. It appears that the feature was trumped up by the journalist, he set-up the newsbit himself. Too bad I didn’t catch the news report, I was busy playing a PC game 😛 I just heard bits and pieces of the news feature from the TV noise behind me.

• Drew says:

I saw that news report… it was probably a cover-up by Chinese authorities. I still believe those cardboard siopaos exist! It’s just that the Chinese Gov’t doesn’t want the others to know.

4. Harleee says:

I love century eggs too! Especially with some pickled ginger… Hmmm 😀

5. dementedchris says:

Is that Jamie’s spicy jellyfish? I miss that!

6. lalalady7 says:

the jellyfish is sooooo good because of this i think I will eat some for lunch today too

@Chris
    Yes it is. I still have some at home, you want?

@Harlee
    I’ve never tried century eggs with pickled ginger but it sounds interesting. I usually eat it with spring onions.