Twister Fries: Cyclical Junk? Only for Junkies!

Some things come and go, like the seasons. For a junk food junkie like me, one of the things I look forward to is the seasonal come and go of a fast food classic.

Mc Donald's Twister Fries

YES! Mc Donald’s Twister Fries are back! Arteries, prepare thyselves!

This entry was posted in food shopping, restos & eateries. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Twister Fries: Cyclical Junk? Only for Junkies!

1. Leki says:

hahaha…and i was just bingeing on this at this office last saturday.

2. lalalady7 says:

omg i have never seen these @ McDonalds here in the states!!! wah it seems all the interesting ideas for the food only goes abroad! lol

Really? I thought it was a worldwide thing! Hmmm…twister fries, aside from the obvious curl, differ from regular fries in that they’re covered by a salty, fuller flavored (reminiscent of cheese) crusty coating. It’s not an obvious batter, just a thin coat. Oh yeah, it reminds me of fried chicken coating, hahahaha!

• Beatie says:

I’ve never seen those either in Danish McDonald’s. They had em in Burger King but we don’t have Burger King anymore, sadly.

It looks SO good, though! X_X

Ah, the memories…

I’m very surprised! I honestly thought it was a worldwide thing, didn’t realize it was a local treat. Twister Fries is a special curly seasoned french fry that they serve seasonally, just a few weeks every year. Why it’s seasonal, I’ve no idea, but my best bet it so that people won’t get tired of it. Sure enough, we make it a point to gobble up lots whenever it comes around.

3. Drew says:

WAH! It’s back? Twister Fries are BACK!!! (Runs to the nearest McDo) Twister Fries is only served a Limited time in some parts of Asia.

4. nina says:

I just had them last week ^_^ Not good for delivery though >_

a little junk isn’t bad… 😀 now go dip them in a sundae! mmmmm!

6. abby says:

yep, it’s nonexistent in the states. grrr! kaya whenever i go home, i am subconsciously hoping twister fries are also back in McDo.

@ fellow Twister Fries fans Drew, Nina, Toni & Abby
    Do you still remember that jingle? Come on let’s twist again… Hahaha, it plays in my mind each time the Twister Fries come back in season.

• Drew says:

Twister fries surely beats Jollibee’s Crinkle Cut Fries, it was utterly eradicated and was never seen on the menu ever again.

Criss-cut fries. 😀 Sadly, it was pretty good too. But I think the fact that you only got five giant-sized chips in one pack is so not Pinoy-friendly.

• KF says:

lol funnily enough they’ve had those here down under… but for Burger King/Hungry Jacks!! And with that same jingle!

And yeah, they’re THE staple side dish at the Hog’s Breath Steakhouse here in Oz. Ah geez… now I’m getting cravings for that and a nice cut of prime rib >_

8. ApplesH says:

I have been out of circulation for so long that it is only now I find out that twister fries is back. By the way I love your sushi icons! :)

9. u8mypinkcookies says:

I simply love McDo’s french fries!

10. Patricia says:

Hi! i am really curious how can I make one of these. Im not after the twsting of the fries. Im after the flavor? What is the recipe of this? Please do reply.. 😀

Sorry Patricia but I don’t know how they do it either. I’m assuming they use some sort of flour coating, like for fried chicken. But I’ve no idea how they do it exactly. I tried coating potato wedges with a flour + salt + pepper coating once. It was good but it’s not the same flavor / quality as Twister Fries.