Kodama Bento

This week’s Bento Challenge was anything Hayao Miyazaki. Easy enough, I thought. Until I realized that I had exhausted my Hayao Miyazaki ideas with my previous bento, like the Calcifer Bento and the Spirited Away Bento. *facepalm* Well, never fear, quail eggs come to the rescue!

Mononoke Hime Bento

Bento #154 • 29 August 2007

Contents:
• Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dip

Honey Mustard Dip v. 29 August 2007

Mix together mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Proportions depend on your personal taste, just remember to use your mayonnaise as the base.

• Dragonfruit.

• Two Tomato Pasta (fresh and sundried). Recipe is a modification of my Spicy Tuyo Pasta recipe.

• And to make this an official entry for this week’s bento challenge, Quail Egg Kodama! Kodama are the forest spirits from the anime Mononoke Hime / Princess Mononoke.

While Mononoke Hime isn’t one of my favorite Miyazaki anime, I loved the Kodama, even if they did, at some point, freak me out.

Interested in seeing how other bento packers interpreted the Hayao Miyazaki theme?
Visit Bento Challenge, theme Miyazaki.

Interested in Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli toys, clothes and BENTO BOXES? Visit Jlist / Jbox or Amazon.
This entry was posted in bento, blog carnivals, recipes. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Kodama Bento

1. Tony Lou says:

omg! you have more of that dragon fruit.

and i love princess mononoke! too bad there’s no wolf’s head floating around there. hehe!

• dementedchris says:

Haha. Ako rin, yun dapat ang comment ko — may stock si Chrissie ng dragon fruit. But cute egg spirits! Hehehe.

• Tony Lou says:

shet! i could taste/feel the dragond fruit right now. grr! or i may be thinking of kiwi. hehe!

@Tony Lou
        Awww, dragonfruit, the local variety at least, is pretty cheap now. The one I bought, which was enough for 2 bentos, cost me 20 bucks. Go grab some and appease your craving 😀

@chris
        You mean you didn’t see the small dragon farm I had hidden behind the washing machine? It’s awful when the time comes for them to lay their fruit. ^_^;;

• dementedchris says:

Gandang kwento yun ah! Hehe.

Write it? 😀

2. Joe says:

HI Kaoko! It’s me Joe, chi’s beau. I just wanted to say thank you for creating this Kitchen Cow website. Chi and I are having a blast over your bento boxes. I picked this bento box to comment on because I’m a Miyazaki fan and I love Nausica. Particularly, the Kodama and all the other cute characters. How about a Teto bento box? Hehehe, thanks and keep up the culinary art! Oh hey, I keep a small food blog too. Do you mind if I link to your site?