Pinky:ST invade California Pizza Kitchen

Kaoko-neechan is feeling lazy about writing so we’re doing her a favor and doing her kitchen cow update today. Today, Shiori and I will talk about one of our visits to California Pizza Kitchen. Kaoko-neechan and her family love to eat here but they order the same things. *Shiori rolls her eyes, only to be kicked by Kaorin.*

That's big Pizza!
One of their favorites is the Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza.

Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza
A thin pizza that’s loaded with grilled chicken chunks, it’s also full to the brimming with onions, roasted garlic bits, fresh parsley and cheese. It’s mostly a white pizza; no tomato-based pizza sauce for this one. The flavorful combination makes for a meaty, tasty, light pizza with a—let’s say, a distinctive smell.

Shiori: Do remember to take some breath mints after eating though.

Mmm...Ravioli
Another of Neechan’s favorites is the Portobello Mushroom Ravioli. Much as she loves it though, she can’t order it as often as she likes because it’s a bit more expensive than the other dishes there.

Portobello Mushroom Ravioli
This is a half-order. When you order the ravioli, you can choose between a cream-based sauce, or a tomato-based one. Nee-chan has tried both, but finds the cream-based one too heavy. The taste is a tad too rich for her, so her taste buds get saturated easily. The tomato-based one though, is just right, she says. It’s tangy, salty and full-flavored without being overpowering. The tomato sauce serves as the perfect foil to the mushy, earthy Portobello mushroom filling and the basil add a refreshing bite to the whole dish.

It looks like a UFO
Shiori: Eh, I don’t know about you, Rin-chan but doesn’t it look like a little flying saucer?

*drool*
Hnnn…I don’t know. *takes a closer look* Maybe. *drool*But you know what, Shi-chan?

You are mine!
It doesn’t matter. IT’S MINE!

Shiori: There you have it folks. I don’t think we can continue this report… Rin-chan’s… uhm… preoccupied. But I hope you enjoyed reading. Until the next time we can hi-jack Kao-neechan’s blog! Bye bye!

This entry was posted in restos & eateries. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Pinky:ST invade California Pizza Kitchen

1. gita says:

wow, kakainggit naman your girls! nakapag CPK sila! it has been a long while since Mon and I went there. last we tried na nagustuhan ko din was their ceasar’s salad… loved it.
    mukang their ravioli looks yummy too.. 😉

2. Mila says:

how cute the dollies! What do their names mean?

I also wanted to add an OT bento shopping shoutout. There’s new stuff at Japan Home Center and I came home last night with a new bento box, a two layer container with seperate lids, comes with the chopsticks and an elastic thingy that keeps the parts together (so no spills). They only had it in yellow, but got a small lunch box bag in yellow to go with it. I heart JHC!

3. khursten says:

Cute! Cute! Cute!! XDDD

CPK is a great place to eat Italian food. You just have to get over the price. My favorite there is the Oriental Chicken Salad. YUM!!

4. jeff says:

i love their neopolitan pizzas.. expensive though…

@gita
    I love their Caesar’s Salad too! One of our staples pag kasama mom ko.

@dhonjason
    Thanks, it was very yummy 😀

@Mila
    They’re Japanese Mix and match fashion dolls (you take their torsos, legs, heads and hair apart) called Pinky:ST. I don’t really know what their names mean, I went all arbitrary with names that sounded nice. Kaorin though, is actually—Kao + RIN (also).

And we should really form a Japan Home Center fan club. I think I saw that bento too, it’s a steal since it comes with the chopsticks and band too. Only reason why I passed it up is because I have similar sized boxes already.

@Khursten
    Glad to see CPK meets your standards. I respect you with pasta, o great noodle queen. Haven’t tried the oriental chicken salad though, for some reason *secretly points to mom* we always end up getting the Caesar’s Salad.

@Jeff
    Haven’t tried it yet but I’ve been meaning too. I want to try the margherita. Too bad I always end up losing the argument and we end up getting the Garlic Chicken Pizza instead :(

6. Dian says:

Hiya Kao! :) I love going to California Pizza Kitchen too. Can’t remember my fave pizza there, but the pics you posted sure seem awesomely yummy! And I’m fasting too ~ so yeah, even more hungrier now, haha.

Awww. I feel so bad making you hungry when you should be fasting. Still, Eid Il Fitr is coming soon right? And with a trip to Paris too!

• Dian says:

Yeah, Eid is coming on 13th :) But the one who’s going to Paris is not me, but my bf D!! I wish I COULD go too, though. Guess I’ll settle for the souvenirs *grin*

Hahaha! More entries from your dynamic duo please! So amusing. And I love the “It’s mine!” pic. Very charming.

@Dian
    My bad, I thought it was you who was going. Still, getting souvenirs, especially from generous boyfriends, are just as good 😀

@toni
    Hehe, I’m thinking about giving them their own blog. Actually, they were supposed to get one but Aki came along. ^_^;;

9. u8mypinkcookies says:

Love CPK’s original bbq pizza (on wheat dough), BBQ chicken salad and thai crunch salad!=)

I like their BBQ Chicken Salad too, but we always end up ordering Caesar. ^_^ And while I enjoyed their Original BBQ pizza when I tried it, my companions always opt for Garlic Chicken.