World’s Smallest Bento?

Okay. I admit it. The reason why I haven’t updated the past two weeks much? Well, partly because of work—we’ve been pretty swamped so I’ve no time to prepare bento in the mornings—and partly because the little time I have left, I spend playing with dolls. I’m currently so obsessed with this Japanese doll called Pullip that I have gone cuckoo and made REAL food bento for her.

World's Smallest Bento?

Yes folks, real food. For a doll. Curious? That’s a sakura denbu onigiri, a side of pickled ginger, carrot sticks (doll-sized of course), a raisin, and some quail egg wedges. When you think about it, it’s probably the World’s Smallest real obento. Real food, all in my tiniest Polka Dot Sauce container. That’s roughly an inch on the long side. Beat that, Re-Ment1!

Why go nuts? Look at her! How can you resist preparing treats for a darling little cutie like her? Her name’s Aki, by the way, and she blogs at This Doll’s Life. She insists that I give her blog lots of link love. She also insists that I invite you all to visit her blog. Heaven help me, I’m being enslaved by a little plastic doll.

Aki-chan's Obento

Now you understand why I haven’t been updating much? Surely hope this week spells something different though and gets me back on the obento track. Too much fastfood, bad for fat kitchen cows.

1 Re-Ment is a company that makes collectible miniatures of various everyday items. A lot of them, however, are food related.

This entry was posted in bento, not quite food. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to World’s Smallest Bento?

1. aoitenshi says:

Hahaha that rocks!!!

you are so cute! and pullip is even cuter. hahaha! will give her some bloghop lovin’ right now!

@nina, aoitenshi, toni, jac and japinoy
    Obviously, my dolls have me all slaving for them. Glad you liked the chibi-bento though. Makes all the slavery effort worth it.

4. melissa says:

wow, that’s a really cute bento! I hope you don’t mind my asking, but are there pullip dolls for sale here in the philippines?

Thanks! And yes! You can buy Pullips locally. There’s a store called Dollhauz in Greenhills. Visit http://dollhauz.com

Do you collect? I assume you like Pullips, so I’d like to invite you to visit Aki’s blog too. She loves visitors 😀

• melissa says:

thanks for the tip! no, i don’t collect (well, not yet heheh), though I’ve been a pullip “ogler” for some time now.

i am seriously considering getting a pullip latte… it’s so so so cute (and it’s my favorite among all those i’ve seen along with the paja), but it’s so expensive!

Latte’s still RELATIVELY (note the relative qualifier XD) cheap, compared to Paja. Plus, she’s still relatively available. Collectors speculate that her price may go up sometime in the future since she’s getting to be rarer now. Now, Paja, she’s expensive. If you can spare some cash for it, I suggest getting one cause really, I’ve never regretted spending money on pullips.

5. melissa says:

thanks a lot for all the advice. I am so close to making my mind up already hehehe, i wish latte didn’t have all the 80’s garb though…

It’s all a matter of mixing and matching, I guess combining her outfit pieces with other pieces could cut down on the 80s factor. Heehee, let me know if you do buy one. It would be fun getting to know other dolls.

6. kremchie says:

OMG!! WhEre DiD u Buy that Doll Of YOuRS? I’ve SeeN loTS of Them IN fLIcKer..T_T ANd I wanT oNe!! huhu..

One from some Japanese seller on ebay, another from Singapore and the other two locally 😀 *points to comment above* Please check my reply to Melissa above, I’ve listed a link as well as other information.

7. sharon benitez says:

hi! Have 3 pullips …. where can I find re-ment furnitures, bags and shoes here in the Philippines. (not the barbie – got some already)… the 3 pullips I got came from abroad. Dollhauz is overpriced I noticed. One time I called them and they gave me a price (same as the site) when I went there to buy got turned off coz they increased the price (within 24 hours) . Ended up not buying – don’t want to deal with sellers like that (sorry if they are your friend)

Actually, that happened to me too. I ended up buying my first doll through ebay because of that. Most of my re-ment stuff, I order overseas, mostly from sellers based in Japan, Hongkong and Singapore so shipping would be cheaper.

I’d like to invite you to join our collector’s group on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/pullip_pilipinas/ Hope you have time to drop by 😀

8. someone says:

Where did u buy the doll? I NEED it! lol!

It depends on where you’re based but if you don’t have a retail store selling it, ebay and online stores are a good option. If you’re in the US, there’s Pullipstyle. For Europe, you can try Plasticpop and for asia, there’s Magma Heritage. Their URLs will show up on a google search. Good luck!

9. zackysmom says:

Kawaii~.. If I bring in re-ment stuff from jp not available at toy stores locally, do i have a big market here?

I’m not sure. We used to buy and sell among our small doll community, but it was just a small group. I think there’s a local distributor selling re-ment now though; I remember seeing some at Toys R Us.

10. Anon. says:

I’ve been trying to find the name for this type of doll for about an hour and was about to give up! I will be able to find out more about them now :)

No prob! Aside from the doll’s name (Pullip), you may also want to search for Taeyang, Dal, Byul and Isul. Those are the other dolls in this line.