Creole Seasoned Chicken and Potatoes in a Bento

Chicken fillets are always a handy thing to have. They’re very quick to cook, adaptable to a variety of recipes and is relatively healthy. One quick way I like is simply dusting with creole seasoning, then giving it a quick pangrill in butter.

Chicken and Potatoes

14 July 2008 • Bento #205

Cooking chicken this way is very flavorful so I like pairing it with fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes. Whenever I’m too lazy to make mashed potatoes from scratch, I use ready to mix powdered kinds. I don’t stop with the package instructions though, I usually add in more butter and milk then season with salt and pepper. I can actually delude myself that it’s homemade that way.

To round it out, I steamed some frozen vegetables quickly. Green peas and corn & carrots to the rescue. Finally, I included a yummy pudding-filled marshmallow, sent to me all the way from a friend in Canada and my favorite Green tea-filled marshmallow. The pudding mallow isn’t really filled with pudding but a gooey, softer marshmallow that’s pudding flavored. Even if it’s not the real thing, it’s still quite yummy.

This entry was posted in bento. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Creole Seasoned Chicken and Potatoes in a Bento

1. Suzanne says:

Yum yum yum!

I really need to get cracking on making bento for myself. Aside from saving money, it’s fun!

2. Mimi says:

Your bentos are always so cute… you enven made mashed potatoes less boring! Genius.

3. Ms.____2 Be! says:

Sometimes I like eating corn just like that.

@Suzanne
    Right you are there. Except of course if you’re like me when I was just starting and was going overboard with bento box and accessory shopping. 😛 Of

@Mimi
    Thanks so much, glad you’re liking it 😀

@Ms.____2 Be!
    Corn is nice. With carrots even. Mmmm…corn. (I’ve been wanting to eat Japanese sweet corn since this afternoon. *cries*)

5. Zee says:

Aside from this bento being so nice and all, I love marshmallows tooo! Saw the pudding marshmallow and instantly craved for one. I have a post on marshmallow in my site too :)

Hi Zee! Thanks for the kind words. Went to your blog and saw that you’re from Manila too. By any chance do you know where pudding marshmallows can be bought here? So far, all I’ve seen are the green tea (my favorite hands down), jam, milk and chocolate mallows.

6. Paige Flores says:

I love to eat Marshmallows every day he he he.:.;