Bah Kuh Teh & New Year Wishes

2008 has been a very important year for me. One big milestone was that it was my first time to travel outside the country. And when it rains, it pours as I wasn’t only able to go to Singapore, but also to Hongkong, all in the span of 4 months.

So, I think it’s appropriate that my first post for the year includes a little something related to that. Yes, I’m still backlogged post-wise and I hope you’ll forgive me for that, but it’s still timely anyway.

Bah Kuh Teh

2 October 2008 • Bento #220

Bah kuh teh is a peppery pork and garlic stew that I first tried in Singapore. I enjoyed it so much so I bought a couple of spice packs for making it. It’s simple enough to cook. You simply stewed the pork and whole garlic heads in water with the spice pack that looked like a giant tea bag. I followed the instructions on the pack to the letter but I must confess, it wasn’t as good as the one I tried at Glutton’s Bay. Still, having this bento brought me fond memories and reminded me of my promise to come back and see (and taste!) even more of the country.

Along with the Bah kuh teh, I packed some rice, plum tomato wedges and diced peaches. Not exactly a well-matched pairing but tomatoes are always something I enjoy munching on, even solo so it was no big deal.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2009 brings us much cheer, happiness and more adventures to enjoy!

This entry was posted in bento and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Bah Kuh Teh & New Year Wishes

1. Alexis says:

happy new year!! :)

2. risa says:

looks yummy :)

3. Jay says:

Can you please make a cow bento for Chinese New Year? Please email me if and when you do.

4. Mimi says:

we don’t mind you being backlogged (well, I don’t) it just means we will have lots more to look at for a while. Happy New Year to you as well.

5. ibyang says:

happy new year!!! :)

6. Mila says:

Happy New Year! I’m glad you got to travel in 2008, may this year be full of more trips, more experiences, more great food!

@risa
    It wasn’t as good as the one in Singapore :( but it was satisfying enough.

@Jay
    Now there’s an idea! Why didn’t I think of that—it’s practically a must since I love cows. I hope I find the time to make one. <3

@Mimi
    Awww, thanks Mimi! Happy New Year too!

@ibyang
    Happy New Year too!

@Mila
    I hope so! After that first trip, I realized I enjoy traveling! I want to try and see if I can go travel at least once a year. Looks like I need to reconsider my fiscal priorities. 😛

8. Pingback: Kitchen Cow makes it to the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards Finals! | bento, restos & recipes at http://www.kitchencow.com