Puppy in my Lunch-y!

Been quite a while since I last put a face on my lunch. Must remember to do that more often, it’s really effective in brightening an otherwise dull day.

Puppy Bento

Puppy! I think.

This lunch features grilled pork (liempo), steamed squash, and green beans sauteed in olive oil, salt and lots of garlic. The happy little fellow, possibly a puppy, is a fried fishcake with nori details for a face. I made a small slit on his side; it was supposed to be a hand, so he can hold the flag but it looks more like an ear, doesn’t it? Yes, yes. I’m very silly bento preparer. I don’t even know what I made. The thing is, a lot of times, I prepare the decorative parts on the fly so things just happen.

Now, say baibai to the little puppy folks! Time for lunch!

This entry was posted in bento. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Puppy in my Lunch-y!

1. Suzanne says:

Oooooh, cute puppy! I’m getting hungry looking at him…

2. dementedchris says:

I miss seeing cute faces in your bento!

Oooh, maybe next time you can cut out nori speech bubbles for them LOL. Comic strip bento.

3. kelly says:

looks like a yummy lunch. love the puppy face!

4. Puppy cute!!! Gosh, I don’t think I can eat that adorable thing.

5. Like I said before, how can you possibly eat something so cutely smiling at you?

I’ll be so tempted as I love fish cakes but I’ll definitely feel guilty munching on such a cutie fish cake puppy!

@Suzanne
    Funny how you equate cute with hunger. I like how you think! *high five*

@chris
    I LIKE YOUR IDEAAAAAA~

@peachkins
    He says “arf, save me!”

@kelly
    Thankies! It was yummy. 😀

@Bea
    It’s like eating balut. Close your eyes and munch away without looking 😛

@auntielicious
    Maybe it would help to pick out the face details before munching? Or just keep your eyes closed, heehee.

7. upto6only says:

healthy food. love your lunchbox.

@upto6only
    This dawning realization came upon me that I was growing older. I like veggies now. *facepalm*

9. Kaeru says:

Hello Kitchen Cow! It is great to find a kindred bento loving soul in the Philippines. Just wanted to tell you about our online bento box store at http://www.inbento.co . Although we are based in Japan, we have a lot of bentos that are stored in Manila, Philippines. So, we can arrange for domestic rates for orders from the Philippines!

Hope you can visit our store! And keep up the great bento blogs!

10. charmaine says:

where can i buy bento accessories here in makati or ortigas area? i see a lot of bento boxes with cute nice accessories but have no idea where to get them

Hi Charmaine! Saizen is your best bet, but you can find some at Daiso / Japan Home Center too. Choto Stop at Little Tokyo is also worth a visit since they also carry accessories sometimes. Good luck hunting!