Pizza Hut Lechon Pizza – Piggie, meet Pizza.

Lechon Pizza. Are they nuts? What the hell was Pizza Hut thinking? Those were my first thoughts upon hearing about Pizza Hut’s Lechon Pizza. I love lechon as much as the next Pinoy, but lechon on pizza? It sounded like overkill to me.

Pizza Hut - Lechon Pizza 01

Lechon on Pizza? To taste is to believe!

Lechon Pizza is Pizza Hut’s special holiday offering. Move over Ham. You’re not the real star of the Noche Buena. After all, what can be more festive than lechon? When it’s brought out, we see the whole family angling for a luscious morsel and a helping of the crisp skin. But how does it translate to pizza?

Pizza Hut - Lechon Pizza 03

Good Lord! Look at those Lechon chunks!

Pizza Hut took some pizza crust, layered it with cheese and a thin drizzle of their special lechon sauce. No, it’s not quite Mang Tomas. It’s a creamy version of the traditional liver sauce we’re all familiar with. Then, the whole thing is topped with chunks of tender lechon meat and super crisp lechon skin that’s guaranteed to stay crisp, even hours on the table.

It’s especially air-dried, I was told, to retain its crunch. True enough, it’s not the glistening, thin, traditional lechon skin, but a drier crunchy version. It reminded me of Zubuchon more than CNT.

Pizza Hut - Lechon Pizza 02

Thankfully, there are generous helpings of skin. Can never have enough of that!

But the main question is, what does it taste like? Rich. Super rich. And crunchy. Honestly, the most I could eat was a slice and a half; It’s that rich. The lechon meat was nice and tender while the skin was an absolute winner. I can imagine people swiping it first, much like we do with the real lechon. Surprisingly, it doesn’t feel as calorific as you’d think. The lechon they use is lean, so it’s not greasy. I bet KFC’s Double Down can do you more damage.

Pizza Hut - Lechon Pizza 04

And I’m not the only one intrigued!

One major factor to its richness is the lechon sauce. As lechon sauces go, it’s a bit on the sweet side. It made me wonder if it’s possible to have them leave the lechon sauce off the pizza and just serve it on the side. They usually offer a side of it anyway, so it’s just a matter of leaving it off the pizza. That way, so you can just add as much (or as little) as you’d like. Me, I like my Lechon Cebu-style. The kind that’s served without lechon sauce, and is drizzled with a bit of Sukang Pinakurat instead.

Pizza Hut’s Lechon Pizza is a holiday exclusive and will be available until the end of January. It’s perfect for the holidays; After all, it’s the season of giving and sharing, and this is one pizza that’s definitely meant to be shared. It’s too rich not to!

This entry was posted in food spotlight, restos & eateries. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pizza Hut Lechon Pizza – Piggie, meet Pizza.

1. arpee lazaro says:

my pizza’s pizza and my lechon’s lechon. never shall they meet. but that’s just me

2. fritz says:

Didn’t make sense at first when I just heard the gluttons at plurk say Lechon Pizza but these photos and your description made me go, “pwede!” Also, danbo’s a cutie! *I wave at her OHAI!*

@arpee
    I like interesting pizza combinations. While stand-by favorite ko pa rin ang plain pepperoni, I never say no to trying them at least.

Well, except for that Greenwich pizza with onion rings on top. Yun ang di ko kaya.

@fritz
    Aminin mo na, si Danboard lang ang talagang pinunta mo dito 😛

4. Kate says:

Great review, Kao! Cute Danboard too :)

Danboard says Hi to you too, Kate! And to Nugget and Kumo 😀

6. peachkins says:

I’ll try this….bukas..hehe

7. Lechon Cebu is the best! (But I don’t usually eat pork. When I do, I make sure that the experience is worth it. Haha!) Pero takot ako i-try ito…

8. Bea says:

I have to say I also had my doubts with the Lechon Pizza…but I loved it! I ate 2 slices–this goes well with beer.

9. Roch says:

Now, I know my mom and I won’t be able to finish one whole Lechon pizza… hahaha!

The lechon skin definitely looks delicious! Nice to know that we won’t feel too bad while eating it as I’m a bit conscious with my diet now.

Great review! :)

10. Alex says:

re: lechon pizza, that was my first thought, too. I thought it was crazy! xD I’m still wary of trying it, my heart just stopped while looking at those pictures, haha!

11. Looks very yummy! Sinfully yummy!

How’s the price of this — is it the same as with other pizza offerings or the price difference is a bit big? Also, most that I see are the lechon skin, how about the meat? :)

12. Madz says:

You always take superb photos. I have yet to try Pizza Hut’s Lechon Pizza, hopefully some time next week. :)

13. p. cook says:

This is the first time I’ve seen the Pizza Hut lechon pizza. Just looking at it made me feel like getting a heart attack. Yeah, it really looks too rich for my taste. Tsk, tsk. I honestly think this is a mistake for Pizza Hut

14. bong says:

wonderful review.i’d like to try to this, if somebody else is paying,hehe.
    though i reckon, that “sisig” pizza from greenwich years ago still holds up as the “wtf is this crap on my pizza?” misfire.
    holiday cheers:-)