Three Bento Lunches, One Post

I unearthed a couple of bento pictures I took over a staggered timeframe between last year and a month ago. I honestly can’t remember some of the details, so let’s just go through all of them in one post. :)

Hamburger and Pasta Bento

Bento with hamburger patties topped with cheese masquerading as a bear, sundried tomato pesto on fusilli sprinkled with shaved parmesan and fresh basil, and a side of steamed broccoli and cherry tomatoes.

Bagnet Bento

Bento with bagnet, onigiri-shaped rice, green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic, and a small kiat-kiat orange. The sauce in the corner is a dipping sauce of soy, vinegar and onions—for the bagnet. How do I keep the sauce intact? Tautly-pulled cling wrap is the kay.

Adobo Flakes Bento

Bento with crispy adobo flakes (with sauce in the tiny elephant head sauce bottle), rice with an umeboshi (Japanese pickled plum) on top, mango cubes, and a salad of diced tomatoes and feta cheese.

It’s hard to believe that these are all I have to show for months. I guess the need to sleep longer in the mornings has become more important than packing lunch. It’s a situation that must be remedied but frankly, I don’t know if I can manage. I mean, it’s sleep, glorious sleep! ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz….

This entry was posted in bento. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Three Bento Lunches, One Post

1. frannywanny says:

well i salute you for being able to come up with these cute bento boxes on the first place… i dont think ill be able to have the patience and creativity in coming up with a cute looking sandwich much more a bento box! way to go chrissie!!

2. They all look equally yummy! I love seeing your bento lunches again. ^_^

@frannywanny
    All you need is a little time. Maybe if you’re preparing lunch for Paul instead of yourself, you’ll be more inspired, heeheehee.

@Chris
    I miss them too! Need moar time. I should say less sleep but I like sleep to, so moar time instead.

@ryan

Bagnet!

5. MrsLavendula says:

nice bento boxes! im always amazed at how creative your lunch box looks!

Thanks Mrs Lavendula! Wish I had more time to do it more often (like in the old days!) but work is jealous and demands my attention 😛

7. truenam says:

?????? ? ??????..

8. Kai says:

Waaaah! So cute the elephant sauce bottle! :)))))

@Kai
    They come in different animal forms! I think I got the safari set so it included an elephant, a tiger, a panda and a couple more I don’t remember right now.

10. Cindy says:

Hi there! Where did you buy your bento tools & accessories? There are molds and sandwich cutters in saizen and japan home center but they don’t have food picks, baran, sauce containers. They may have ran out of stocks already. Btw, just in case you have extra tools and accessories, new or used, and plan to sell them, can you let me know please? Too bad I discovered/learned about bento making just last month after I attended a workshop. When I decided to go buy my own set of tools, can’t find any of the cute stuff anymore. And of course I didn’t get to join your anniversary give away. Hope to hear from you soon. Great work! :)))))

Hi Cindy! Most of them are from Saizen, Daiso and Japan Home Center. Don’t lose hope, just come back on a different day. Their stock cycles and the inventory changes frequently. Actually, I do have plans to unload some unused stocks but I still haven’t gotten around to them. Hopefully, I’ll get to sort them soon.

• Cindy says:

Yipee! Lemme know when you’re ready to dispose :) so cute your creations. Thanks to your blog, im now more inspired to be a “better homemaker” haha 😉

Keep posting more of your work, keep it coming please :)